World Class Assistant® November 2022
The World Class Assistant certification and curriculum-based designation program is a time-tested, industry-proven powerhouse of learning. Designed to polish administrative professionals for upward mobility and current-level stellar performance, this course was the first to recognize assistants as “strategic business partners.”
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE: World Class Assistant 2022 Virtual Brochure
There will be 4 – 3-hour virtual sessions via Zoom Meetings from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT on the following dates:
Session 1 Thursday, November 3, 2022 9:00 AM-12:00 PM PT
Session 2 Monday, November 7, 2022 9:00 AM-12:00 PM PT
Session 3 Thursday, November 10,2022 9:00 AM-12:00 PM PT
Session 4 Tuesday, November 15, 2022 9:00 AM-12:00 PM PT
Registration Ends: Tuesday, October 25, 2022
ACE Members remember to take your 10% savings by adding your code at checkout.
About the WCA Course Topics
One of the greatest benefits of building a strategic partnership is you see precisely how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. Instead of sitting on the side lines, you’re part of the process. Learn the differences between a partnership and a strategic partnership.
- Build an exceptional level of trust.
- Help your executive maintain a competitive edge.
- Understand the role of chemistry in building strong partnerships.
- Get engaged in the scope of your executive’s work.
- Be more involved in decision making.
Administrative Assistants are the center of influence and should be utilized as such. They are flow managers and help facilitate progress. An assistant has the power to keep things moving at an optimal pace provided there is a constant stream of information flowing back and forth between an executive and assistant.
- Be a conduit for keeping information moving.
- Gain a more holistic point of view of your executive’s work.
- Develop the ability to anticipate needs.
- Act as an alter ego for your executive.
- Create interdependence between you and your executive.
Establishing rapport is critical to successful business relationships. While everyone retains competency on leading-edge information technology tools, too many ignore interpersonal communication skills.
- Select the appropriate medium for maximum impact.
- Be influential; understand communication styles.
- Bridge the multi-generational differences by altering communications.
- Tactfully voice your opinions.
- The power of persuasion skills: Why? When? How?
To truly become a World Class Assistant you must learn to anticipate the future today. What is on the horizon of your leader’s calendar? What new projects will need to be implemented to keep your organization competitive? How do you become more valuable to your executive by planning the next step and the three steps that follow?
- Develop front-brain thinking; be a visionary thinker.
- Seek opportunities and propose solutions.
- Identify and perfect approaches that guarantee future success.
- Ask the right questions to help you forecast future events, projects, and tasks.
- Block potential problems.
You reflect your organization and yourself. You are a calling card. How do you want to be perceived? Professionalism isn’t a particular business “uniform” nor is it just savvy technical skills! World Class Assistants are poised, polished, and professional.
- Wield the power of a professional image.
- Cognitively choose to present your signature trademark.
- Refine your overall professional image as a leader.
- Learn which visual distractions hold enormous negative power.
- Explore how to create a signature trademark.
What is executive presence and why should an administrative professional care? You will learn the answers to these questions when you attend the World Class Assistant course. You will learn how to project gravitas—confidence, poise under pressure, and decisiveness.
- Be taken more seriously.
- Become a welcome, visible presence commanding respect.
- Exhibit executive presence through body language.
- Deliver information in headlines.
- Communicate with passion and energy.
The Career Portfolio is NOT about job hunting. It is a professional journal created to detail how You Inc. has capably and measurably demonstrated professional contributions to your organization and leader’s overall successes. You will build your own Career Portfolio in a hands-on exercise designed to spur your creativity.
- Discover new ways to promote your valuable skills and build alliances.
- Market yourself with pizzazz.
- Find out where and when to use a Career Portfolio.
- Show your leader your proactive and creative capabilities.
- Show people what you are capable of doing.
There is one must-have skill you need to thrive in today’s workplace—the ability to be resilient. Building resilience is important in your administrative career because there will be turmoil, upheaval, and unwanted change throughout the years.
- Bounce back faster after a setback.
- Take daily workplace changes in stride.
- Move in tandem with your executive.
- Exhibit nimbleness as you adapt to change.
- Generate innovative solutions to problems.
Daniel Goleman, author of Working with Emotional Intelligence says, “Emotional intelligence is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions as a source of human energy, information, connection, and influence.” A World Class Assistant needs to know when and how to use emotional intelligence while managing day-to-day situations.
- Learn the 4 Dimensions of EI: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, and Social Skill.
- Recognize how feelings affect performance and relationships.
- Understand other perspectives.
- Apply the acumen of emotions.
- Step forward to lead as needed.
Adminology combines the Art + Science of the administrative profession to achieve maximum success by incorporating and leveraging your time and talents. Created by administrative visionary, Joan Burge, Adminology addresses critical time competencies blended with new skills and attitudes.
- Optimize your effectiveness.
- Grasp the holistic approach.
- Increase your effectiveness by working with precision.
- Implement your skill processes at mastery level.
- Be prepared for the future.
Professionalism is a 360-degree awareness of the impact that your behavior, words, and actions have on the people you support, as well as your overall effectiveness. Professionalism is accepting responsibility for your actions because it affects how others view your employer, your executive and, ultimately, your performance.
- Examine how you fit into the big picture.
- Impact your company’s and leader’s success every day.
- Create action plans to address items for future change.
Due to the unique nature of this event all sales are final.
World Class Assistant™ Graduate – Desireé Hoo, CWCA certification and designation course. Listen as she shares her story.
Terms and Conditions - Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy Star Achievement Series®, World Class Assistant™, Star Meteor™, and Executive/Administrative Assistant Workshop: Should you be unable to attend for any reason, a full refund, less a $450 registration fee, will be issued if we receive written notice 45 days prior to your registered start date. All refunds will be issued in the form of a check. After that time, all registrations and no-shows are subject to full workshop fee. • Substitution: A company/organization may substitute one attendee for another. • Date Change: Because this is a limited-seating program, if you request a date change, a $300 change fee will be assessed. Date changes are only valid within the same calendar year.
Course Reschedules or Cancellation: Should the course need to be postponed due to acts of nature or national disaster, the course will be rescheduled. AdminUniverse™ reserves the right to replace a trainer with another Office Dynamics Certified Trainer should an emergency arise. AdminUniverse reserves the right to cancel a city or combine cities if the minimum attendance is not met, without penalty. In such situations no partial or full refunds, or alternative offers shall be made. Registrant further understands and agrees that in the event AdminUniverse should cancel or postpone the scheduled event, AdminUniverse is not responsible for any expenses that the registrant might have incurred, including but not limited to, airfare, hotel, food, or other miscellaneous travel costs.
Intellectual Property Rights: Video or audio recording of the scheduled event is strictly prohibited. All intellectual property rights in all materials produced or distributed by Office Dynamics International in connection with the event are expressly reserved, and any unauthorized duplication, publication, or distribution of any such recordings is prohibited. Office Dynamics International reserves the right, without penalty, to confiscate any recording device used in violation of this Agreement, and any improperly recorded or copied intellectual property.
Governing Law: In the event of any litigation arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including, but not limited to, its enforcement, validity, interpretation, performance, termination, or breach thereof, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover against the other party, in addition to any available remedies at law or in equity, all costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, and collection costs incurred thereby. The parties agree that the laws of the State of California shall govern this Agreement and that the Circuit Court of Placer County shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the adjudication of this Agreement. If any term, condition or provision of this Agreement shall be declared invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement, other than such term, condition or provision, shall not be affected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect and shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Acknowledgment: Each registrant acknowledges that she/he has read and understands all terms of this Agreement, including, without limitation, the cancellation and substitution provision.
Photos/Video: By attending Office Dynamics International/AdminUniverse educational programs, you agree to photos, audio, and video taken for educational and/or marketing purposes.
This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements between the parties and represents the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
For questions concerning refunds, please contact Clients Services. Phone: 1-866-402-2819 ext 101